Are you feeling disconnected?
The irony of being connected more online, during the great pandemic, is that many are feeling terribly disconnected from humanity.
Nothing that happens online can truly replace the feeling of a comforting pat on the shoulder.
How long has it been since you shared a hug?
The best way I know how to feel less alone, when you must be temporarily isolated, is to be “in your heart.”
I invite you to try my easy technique to feeling more connected to humanity:
- Identify persons, pets, or beautiful items that impassion you. Think loving thoughts about them.
- Sit up straight with both feet flat on the floor, if possible. Place one hand on your heart. Notice any shift in your body or in your thoughts; perhaps a subtle softening within.
- Place both hands on your heart. Take at least three cleansing breaths. Breathe in to the count of seven. Breathe out to the count of eleven. If that’s too challenging, simply exhale slowly and completely.
- Visualize or intend that you are radiating light from your heart. You may choose a color for your heart’s light if desired — perhaps pink, green, gold, or white.
- Through your intention — wishing it so — beam your heart’s light out. Fill the room, then fill the city, then fill the country, and, finally, fill the planet with your heart’s light. You might even try counting down, as you go. For example: “Three, two, and one: I am filling the room with my heart’s light. Three, two, and one: I am filling the city with my heart’s light,” and so on.
- Next, take a moment to thank your spiritual team for their love: God/Source, spirit guides, angels, and beloved people and pets who are in spirit.
- Stand and stretch, and end with a self hug — your arms wrapped around you.
- Remind yourself that nothing on the Earth is permanent, and there is much good now and to come.